Even with inclement weather, Tad Gormley was filled with exciting fans in and outside the stadium.


Gary Langlois
Holy Cross


Drake David Tassin

Holy Cross

Andrew DeGenova



Earl Schneider Sr.

Holy Cross

Earl Schneider Sr. was a football and track standout at Holy Cross from 1951-1955. In his first year of a four-year letterman stint in track, Earl ran a 9.8 time in the 100-yard dash—a high school record at that time. He was a two-year letterman in football and, as a senior, compiled the first 1000-yard season ever accomplished in high school athletics. Earl scored 120+ points for the Tigers in his senior season, averaging 16 yards per carry and serving as a captain of both football and track teams. He was selected for All-Prep, All-State, All-Southern, and Catholic All-American teams, as well as the Sugar Bowl. Earl received a track scholarship to LSU, where he competed for 1 ½ years before transferring on scholarship to Southeastern Louisiana University. He continued to excel at the sport, running the 100-yard dash in 9.6 seconds and earning captain’s honors. Upon graduation from SLU, Earl returned to Holy Cross in 1961 as a coach for football and track and a math teacher. He served in those capacities until retiring from the classroom in 1987. He then became director of the physical plant, a role he continues to fill today. For his athletic accomplishments and for his unmatched 53 years of service to the Holy Cross family, Earl Schneider Sr. has earned a spot in the Great American Rivalry Series Hall of Fame.
Dominic "Mickey" LaNasa


Mickey LaNasa is a member of Jesuit’s Class of 1954 and was a key factor in the Jays’ victory over the Tigers during his junior and senior years. As tailback in the 1952 contest, Mickey ran for 131 yards and accounted for all the scoring in the 14-7 win as he ran for one touchdown and threw for the other. In the 1953 47-6 victory, Mickey started the scoring when he returned the opening kick-off 90 yards for a touchdown. A four-sport letterman, Mickey also excelled in baseball and track. Following Jesuit, Mickey attended Loyola for one year and was signed by the Baltimore Orioles. He played in the Orioles farm system for two years before beginning his business career as owner of a court reporting firm for 40 years. He remains an active member of the Class of 1954 and a great Blue Jay.


The rainy weather however, wouldn't dampen the efforts of Jesuit as they focused their game plan on the running attack. Jesuit would account for 244 yards on the ground and four touchdowns. The ground attack was led by Senior Gary Langlois who was responsible for 104 yards and the game's first touchdown. Gary was later named the United States Marine Corps Great American Rivalry Series MVP. The first half would continue with the Blue Jays dominance. They would later tack on three more touchdowns giving them a 34-0 lead going into the half. The rain would continue to fall as the halftime buzzer sounded and both teams entered the locker room. The two rivals would return to a soggy field, where the Blue Jays would pick up where they left off in the first half. As Gary Langlois got a much needed rest on the bench, Jesuit sophomore Paul Stanton would take over the running duties. Stanton would finish the game as Jesuit's second leading rusher with 68 yards and a fourth-quarter touchdown. Holy Cross quarterback Ryan Deemes would help the tigers avoid the shutout by connecting with receiver Louis Colon on a 35-yard touchdown with minutes to go in the fourth quarter. After a wet Friday night the final score would give Jesuit their second straight victory and a 51-37-1 advantage in the series.